YMR Dermaroller/micro needling, Does it Work? AKA The Quest for the Fountain of Youth

Hi everyone,
I have been meaning to write this for some time as I am constantly trying new gimmicks and things in my quest for a wrinkle free face. Let me just start by telling you a little about me and my face. I am 40 years old and thankfully have few lines to mention with a frown line being my biggest concern. My skin is combination and temperamental with tenancies toward acne at times.
I have read about dermarolling/micro needling and did lots of on-line research before considering giving it a try. People have had fantastic success with it smoothing acne scars and reducing wrinkles on the face. It didn't seem to have any negative factors to it except the pain aspect and a minor risk of infection if not carried out hygienically.
This is the dermaroller I bought, it was on offer on Groupon so reasonably priced.





It was really difficult to capture the needles on film as they a only 0.2mm long so weeny!! It arrived in a sealed package and I could not wait to try it. So here is the bottom line.............
1. Does it hurt? Yes like mad (well like having needles rolled repeatedly over your face)
2. Do you bleed? No the needles are not long enough.
3. What do you look like immediately after treatment? Red and blotchy.
4. What do you look like the next day? Fine a little sensitive (like you have had needles rolled repeatedly over your face)
5. Does it work? NO NO and NO!!! All pain and no gain. I did it 3 times and saw no result at all. There is no doubt that dermarolling is an effective treatment, however it is not a home treatment. The needles needed to make a difference do draw blood, do need a local anaesthetic, and do need a qualified practitioner.
In short "Don't try this at home

(I am not going to describe how to do it as I am by no means an expert and it would be irresponsible of me to act like I was for you. Also I feel my experience was so negative it was not a product I can by any means recommend trying. This is why I have included no purchase links either)

Thank you for reading, what mad things have you tried for your quest for beauty?



Popular Posts