How to make a Vegan, Fat Free Gingerbread House






Making a Fat Free Gingerbread House With "The Boys"

Hello everyone,
I was on twitter asking if anyone wanted me to do a guest post and Kim was there for me and I said I would make my fat free, vegan gingerbread house for her!

The original recipe can be found here on Food.com but I modified it slightly for my needs.

Roses Fat Free Vegan Gingerbread House!
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups of self raising flour
1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1/2 cup molasses sugar (you can use soft dark brown sugar)
1/2 cup sugar
100mls (or however much you need to make a dough) fresh orange juice
Directions:
Preheat oven to 160c (fan oven) or 180c
1 Mix the sugars and orange juice with the baking powder
2 add to the dry ingredients and mix until you can form a dough (you may have to add more flour if it is sticky or orange if it is too dry
3 Knead the dough until it is smooth
4 flour the surfaces and roll out cutting your pieces out (I have a special set of cutters) and laying on a non stick cookie sheet.
5 bake for 12 to 15 minute then put on a rack to cool







We glued it together using royal icing (recipe here, I used h2o instead of lemon juice)whilst listening to old Christmas songs (I let the boys decide the design, hence the trees on the roof!) and there was lots of licking icing & eating "spare" pieces of gingerbread including a large extra roof piece I had made by mistake!!
The ginger bread itself is hard and crunchy and tastes the same as regular gingerbread itself does. This recipe would also be great for tree ornament to ice and hang on the tree. If you want to add details like windows, doors or holes for ribbon you need to do it whilst it is warm from the oven or before baking.
Tom & Harry


And here is the final results of our fun!! I have to say I made the icing a little bit thin so the roof fell off twice!! But all in all I would say it is a roaring sucess!!


Thanks for reading and let me know if you would try some Christmas baking and tweet me your photos to @milkymoles
If you would like to read more about my diet, beauty or general posts then check out my blog HERE. :-)

Popular Posts